LitWits brings great books to life in sensory ways, so kids will want to read more!
ACTIVITY IDEAS from the LitWits experience:
In this workshop we set out to catch a boatload of fun while we…
- learned Spanish and seafaring words
- snacked on sardines and other briny fare
- chased down historical allusions
- watched oceans glow with eerie bioluminescence
- made beautiful collages out of beach materials
- explored the many similarities between the author, the old man, the sea, and the great fish to find a theme and form a thesis statement
- and much more!
Share your own ideas in the Comments, below!
Want YOUR students to have meaningful fun with this book? The LitWits Kit is coming soon! Includes project, activity and prop ideas, takeaway topics, and printables with keys.Sign up to find out when it’s available (and you’ll get a free gift!).
ONLINE EDUCATIONAL/ENRICHMENT RESOURCES – COMING SOON